Event Center Ice Floor Construction Begins
The Casper Events Center announced today that the concrete for the new refrigerated ice floor will be poured this coming Saturday, August 9th at 7:00am.
Facts about the Casper Events Center’s refrigerated Ice floor:
• The concrete slab will be a continuous pour 6000psi special mix with no construction joints.
• 320 cubic yards of concrete or 1,280,000 pounds of concrete
• 12,000 lineal feet of tubing to keep the underfloor area from freezing
• 60,000 lineal feet of tubing to freeze the ice
• 36,000 square feet of high density board insulation
• 700 tons of sand bedding
From the City Press Release…
“The project is being completed with the services of Ice Builders and International Coliseums Company (ICC).
The International Coliseums Company develops first class multi-purpose event centers for mid-sized cities. They have a very specialized understanding of this project type and an outstanding history of developing and delivering projects within very tight schedules and budgets.
Robert Tamborski is ICC’s project director overseeing the design, bid and selection of contractors and sub-contractors ensuring on time delivery and within budget completion of this retro-fit project at the Casper Events Center.”