“Enzi Express” to Begin Tour on Friday
Sen. Mike Enzi will campaign in 21 Wyoming communities this August in advance of the Republican primary, campaign officials say.
The three-term incumbent will hold 21 ice cream socials throughout the state next month, with stops scheduled for Casper, Cheyenne and Laramie.
The so-called "Enzi Express" will begin Friday in Cheyenne at the Enzi for Wyoming headquarters, and will wrap up on Aug. 18 with stops in Lusk, Newcastle, Sundance and Gillette.
Enzi's primary challengers for the Republican nomination include Arthur Clifton of Cheyenne, Bryan E. Miller of Sheridan, James “Coaltrain” Gregory of Jackson and Thomas Bleming of Lusk.
The primary will be held Aug. 19.
- Afton: Tuesday, Aug. 12, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Star View Park, 63 East 5th Ave.
- Buffalo: Sunday, Aug. 17, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Washington Park picnic shelter, 400 Burritt Ave.
- Casper: Thursday, Aug. 14, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Meals on Wheels, 1760 E. 12th St.
- Cheyenne: Friday, Aug. 1, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Enzi for Wyoming campaign headquarters, 1813 Carey Ave.
- Cody: Friday, Aug. 15, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. - City Park, 908 Sheridan Ave.
- Douglas: Saturday, Aug. 16, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Wyoming State Fairgrounds
- Evanston: Monday, Aug. 11, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Picnic shelter at the Bear Community Center and Pavilion, 75 Bear River Dr.
- Gillette: Monday, Aug. 18, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - City Park, 909 South Gillette Ave.
- Green River: Tuesday, Aug. 12, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Centennial Park, 160 Flaming Gorge Way
- Jackson: Wednesday, Aug. 6, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. - North Park on North Cache Street
- Laramie: Wednesday, Aug. 13, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Washington Park shelter No. 2, 18th Street and Sheridan Street
- Lovell: Friday, Aug. 15, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Veteran’s Park on Main Street, 154 E. Main St.
- Lusk: Monday, Aug.18, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Niobrara County Fairgrounds meeting rooms, 310 W. Highway 20
- Newcastle: Monday, Aug. 18, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Newcastle Library, 23 W. Main St.
- Pinedale: Tuesday, Aug. 12, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Sublette County Library, 155 S. Tyler Ave.
- Rawlins: Wednesday, Aug. 13, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Washington Park, Mountain View Boulevard and Park Drive
- Riverton: Thursday, Aug. 14, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Intertribal Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave.
- Sheridan: Sunday, Aug. 17, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Kendrick Park, 820 Beaver St.
- Sundance: Monday, Aug.18, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Mountain West Farm Bureau, 404 E. Cleveland St.
- Thermopolis: Friday, Aug. 15, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Hot Springs State Park, by the Big Spring at the Smoking Waters shelter
- Worland: Friday, Aug. 15, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Pioneer Park, Big Horn and 10th Avenue