Casper Fire-EMS Reminding Residents About Smoke Detectors
Casper Fire-EMS is reminding residents about the importance of smoke detectors after an apparent garage fire destroyed a home on Casper’s west side early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters had to rescue a family of four and a pet from the blaze.
Casper Fire-EMS captain Patrick McJunkin said smoke detectors can be an important life-saver.
“I can’t overstate how important smoke detectors are,” McJunkin said. “This fire occured overnight while this family was asleep – smoke detectors can absolutely save lives and notify you while you’re sleeping.”
McJunkin said Casper Fire-EMS is willing to help out individuals without smoke detectors in their homes.
“Casper Fire-EMS has a program right now where, if anybody needs a smoke detector, give us a call,” McJunkin said. “We’ll send an engine company out there to install that for you.”
For more information, contact Casper Fire-EMS at (307) 235-8222.