At approximately 12:10 Wednesday afternoon the Casper Fire-EMS department was called to a structure fire on the 200 block of North Park. Five trucks responded initially along with Casper Police Department and medical services. Firefighters found a building with light smoke coming from inside. Crews found a small deep fryer unit that was smoking, but had no fire. The fire had been controlled by the automatic sprinklers installed in the kitchen.
Evansville Emergency Services took two patients to Wyoming Medical Center for breathing problems.
The cause of the fire was from the fryer that had boiled over. Casper Fire-EMS Department Investigators are working with the Natrona County Health Department to inspect and reopen the kitchen sometime tomorrow.
Residents have been allowed back into the building and all operations of the facility with the exception of the kitchen have resumed. There is no estimate on the amount of damage caused.