Casper College Lady Tbirds At National Championship Tourney
Casper College will open play at 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon (Nov. 15) against perennial power San Jacinto College from Central, Texas. Going into the final week of the season, San Jacinto (32-2) was ranked No. 1 in the NJCAA coaches poll, but was seeded fourth in the tournament behind the College of Southern Idaho, Western Nebraska and Iowa Western. Casper College (23-17) is seeded 13th in the bracket.
Win or lose, the Thunderbirds would play again Friday in West Plains, either at 10 a.m. in the loser’s bracket or 7:30 p.m. in the winner’s bracket opposite the Southern Idaho/Faulkner State (Ala.) winner or loser.
Here are the seedings released by the NJCAA:
1. College of Southern Idaho (29-1)
2. Western Nebraska Community College (37-2)
3. Iowa Western Community College (43-2)
4. San Jacinto College-Central, Texas (32-2)
5. Tyler Junior College, Texas (29-5)
6. College of Central Florida (33-6)
7. North Idaho College (22-5)
8. Hillsborough Community College, Fla. (27-12)
9. Missouri State University-West Plains (25-9)
10. Hutchinson Community College, Kan. (27-8)
11. Western Texas College (26-8)
12. Redlands Community College, Okla. (23-9)
13. Casper College, Wyo. (23-17)
14. Temple College, Texas (22-17)
15. Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, Ala. (33-6)
16. Faulkner State Community College, Ala. (27-7)
You can watch the Lady T-Birds in action here.