Casper City Council Reviewing Community Promotions Applicants
City councilors in Casper are underway evaluating community promotions applications.
Councilors will review 36 applications from city-based organizations that are requesting funds from the city for certain events.
Casper mayor Kenyne Schlager said councilors will evaluate whether each proposed event will bring visitors to the community. Councilors will also consider whether the event will bring economic development to Casper, whether city facilities will be used, and whether the event will be beneficial to the city and its residents.
“Each council member will go through this spreadsheet and answer either yes or no to each of the five questions, and then we’ll have another round where we’ll talk about funding and what the actual needs are,” Schlager said.
Schlager said councilors will have made their first round decisions by Aug. 27.
$150,000 has been set aside by council for community promotions.
Organizations requesting funding:
- The 12-24 Club is requesting funding for its Sober St. Patrick’s Day, Race for Recovery, Recovery Rally and First Night Casper events.
- An organization is requesting money for an academic awards banquet.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Central Wyoming is requesting funds for its summer camp next year.
- The Casper Amateur Hockey Club is asking for funds to offset costs associated with its upcoming hockey season.
- Casper Children’s Chorale is asking for funds for various community performances. Additionally, the Casper Civic Chorale is asking for funds for its 2013-2014 concert season.
- The Casper Downtown Development Authority is asking for funds for a downtown banner program.
- The Casper Figure Skating Club is asking for money to put on its 2013 holiday show.
- Casper Marathon is asking for money to help put on its annual marathon event.
- The Casper Museum is asking for funds so it can produce a program called “Museum Minute” for The Brian Scott Show on KTWO-AM.
- The Casper Soccer Club is asking for funds for its Casper Fall Classic, Casper Spring Jamboree and Rocky Mountain Indoor Cup events.
- The Central Wyoming Fair Association is asking for funds for the Downtown Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival and next year’s Central Wyoming Fair and Rodeo.
- The Community Recreation Foundation is asking for funds for a crafts fair.
- The Downtown Casper Business Association is asking for funds to help put on its annual Christmas parade and the Downtown Hot Air Balloon Festival.
- The Mercer Family Resource Center is asking for funds for the Natrona County Suicide Prevention Task Force, its Youth Empowerment Council and its family day event.
- Nicolaysen Art Museum is asking for funds for the 2014 Nic Fest and Wednesday Night Live events.
- Serve Wyoming is asking for funds for fall and spring volunteer guides.
- Special Olympics Wyoming is asking for funds for its winter games event, next year’s fall tournament, the Jackalope Jump and the G. Michael Perry Softball Tournament.
- Stage III Community Theater is asking for funds for the Middle Platte Renaissance Festival.
- Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps is asking for funds for its annual dodgeball tournament.
- The Wyoming Fiddlers Association is asking for money to help put on the Rocky Mountain Regional Fiddlers Championship, a music festival and the Artisans’ Fair.
- The Wyoming Symphony Orchestra is asking for money for its upcoming concert season.