Contact Us

Casper City Council Discusses Refined One-Cent Funding Process

Anthony Pollreisz, K2 Radio

Casper City Council refined its process for doling out unallocated one-cent sales tax funds to non-profits and city-based groups at its Tuesday work session.

Council says it will now accept funding applications for future requests by Oct. 1. Council will then aim to make its funding decisions in November.

Casper mayor Kenyne Schlager said clarification of the process was needed.

“What we’re trying to do is to streamline all of those requests into one event,” Schlager said. “That allows the council then to judge our priorities in that process, so that we make sure that we’re doing the best for our community and are getting the biggest bang for our dollars.

Councilors will give preference to projects that aim to tackle certain community needs, like hunger and housing, and include matching funds from other agencies.

Council also agreed upon an 84-16 split. 84 percent of the funds will go toward city infrastructure improvement, while the other 16 percent will go toward local agency requests.

The city projects $2 million will be available from unallocated one-cent funds.

More News from K2 Radio

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://k2radio.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on K2 Radio quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on K2 Radio quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!