BLM Lifts Fire Restrictions
The Bureau of Land Management has lifted the fire restrictions on BLM-administered lands, in the Casper, Buffalo and Newcastle Field Offices.
Cooler temperatures and increased moisture have helped improve conditions so that the following activities can resume on BLM-administered public lands:
• Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire.
• Operating a chainsaw.
• Using an arc or gas welder or acetylene or other torch.
The following restrictions are in effect year-round on BLM-administered public lands:
• Discharging or using fireworks.
• Discharging a firearm using incendiary or tracer ammunition.
• Burning or igniting tires, wires, magnesium, or other hazardous or explosive material.
• Operating an off-road vehicle unless it is equipped with a properly installed spark arrester.
Although the BLM HPD has lifted their restrictions, fire restrictions on public lands differ by agency, forest and BLM field office. You can find out more by visiting the BLM Website.