Amadeus Rehearsals Underway at Casper College [PHOTOS]
Rehearsals are currently underway for the Casper College Department of Theatre and Dance’s next stage production, Amadeus by Peter Schaffer.
Douglas Garland, resident costume designer for the C.C. theatre program, is directing the show. He says that people may recall when the Tony winning stage play was adapted into an Oscar winning film in 1984. Garland says however, that the Casper College version will definately be unique.
“Peter Shaffer, who wrote the play, himself, has revisited the script. And every time it has a revival or something, he re-writes part of it,” says Garland. “The script itself, now, we’re on the sixth re-write of the play. So it has been polished and re-polished. So there is something new to it.”
“How far is too far in pursuit of recognition? Would even murder be too extreme?” asked Garland. “This is exactly the position Salieri has put himself in in Shaffer’s marvelous retelling of the story of the competition between Salieri and the young, genius composer, Mozart.” Featuring lavish costumes, Mozart’s music, and the sumptuous court of 1789’s Vienna as the backdrop, Amadeus is a “tale of envy, murder, and genius unrecognized,” Garland said.
Amadeus will run February 26 through 28, March 1, and March 5 through 8 each night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 9 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students ages 5 to 18. Tickets can be purchased at the Krampert Theatre Complex box office between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, by phone at 307-268-2500, one hour before each performance, for that performance only, or online.
- Salieri- William Conte
- W. Amadeus Mozart- Cyle Hart
- Constanze- Caitlyn Kumpula
- Joseph II- Isaac Plovanic
- Orsini Rosenberg- Matt Stairs
- Von Strack- Troy Howe
- Van Swieten- Rob Doane
- Venticelli 1- Dalen O’Connell
- Venticelli 2- Kegan Wells
- Major Domo- Jacob Marquez
- Cook- Lewis Allen
- Teresa Salieri- Mary McPherson
- Katherina Cavalieri- Tricia Lovelace
- Guiseppe Bonno- Joe Simon
- Valets- Devon Johnson, Jacob Marquez, Christian Coulter, Collin Gary, Paulina Strayer
- Director- Douglas Garland
- Assistant Director Paulina Strayer